Eco-friendly Gifts from ECOlunchbox

Monday, January 26, 2015

Dandelion Root Tea - My Healthy Caffiene-Free Coffee Alternative



Have you tried Roasted Dandelion Root Tea?  It is my healthy alternative to coffee in the mornings.  I simply love it!  With its stimulating effect and slightly bitter flavor it feels and tastes so similar to a morning cup of joe.  I love coffee!  I used to enjoy a cup or two every morning.  However, I began 2015 caffeine-free and found Roasted Dandelion Root tea to be a great alternative.  Since I have ovarian cysts, PCOS and cystic breasts, my OB/GYN and Midwife recommended I remove caffeine from my diet.  However, as a mother of a preschooler, cutting out coffee was a daunting task.  Therefore, when I stopped drinking caffeine with my cleanse (click here to read about the cleanse I did), I decided to continue my caffeine-free ways and seek healthier alternatives.  Thanks to one of my favorite blogs, Elana's Pantry, who combines chicory root, dandelion root and cinnamon to create a dandelion coffee, I decided to try dandelion root tea after I couldn't find chicory root at my local grocery store.

Benefits:
Organic Roasted Dandelion Root Tea has some amazing health benefits.  It is naturally caffeine-free but has stimulating and detoxifying properties to it.  This "weed" aids in digestion, helps the kidneys cleanse the body and improves liver function.  It is also rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.  The tea can help regulate blood sugar, boost the immune system, reducing bloating, relieve constipation and assist in weight loss.  Furthermore, Organic Roasted Dandelion Tea has possible cancer-killing properties (studies are still being done).

**Dandelion Root can interact with certain medications and should not be used if you have specific allergies to certain plants, especially dandelions.  Always speak to your health care provider if you are pregnant or nursing.**

To purchase the Organic Roasted Dandelion Root Tea I enjoy click HERE or check you local grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find the biggest selection and lowest overall prices on over 6000 best selling supplements and fitness products on www.A1supplements.com