Eco-friendly Gifts from ECOlunchbox

Friday, November 9, 2012

Buddah Bowl Recipe

This is a fun recipe inspired by my favorite vegetarian restaurant on HHI, Delisheee Yo.  They serve what they call Buddah Bowls, which is a "changing offering of simple steamed grain."  My addiction to this delicious lunch led me to start creating it at home.  Not only is it healthy, but Emerson loves it.  This is also a great way to use your leftover quinoa or rice from the night before.

Mommy and Baby Buddah Bowls:



(Note: I eyeball my ingredients).  In the picture above I used our leftover quinoa from the previous night and added a dollop of fresh almond butter, a dash of cinnamon, chopped fresh Italian parsley, homemade apple cider vinaigrette (recipe below) and  a selection of fresh veggies.  In this meal I used beets, avocado and green onions.  Feel free to play around with the vegetables and use which ever ones you like.  Some suggestions: carrots, chick peas, sprouts, kale, bell peppers, tomatoes...the list can go on forever.  :)  I think next time I will add a dollop of hummus instead of almond butter.

Apple Cider Vinaigrette:
A dollop of dijon mustard (maybe a tablespoon or so)
A short pour of Apple Cider Vinegar (maybe a few tablespoons)
Chopped fresh Italian parsley (again I simply eyeball it until it looks like enough)
Wisk together the above ingredients while pouring in Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste

You can check out Delisheee Yo's website here: http://delisheeeyo.com/

Enjoy and Healthy Regards!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find the biggest selection and lowest overall prices on over 6000 best selling supplements and fitness products on www.A1supplements.com