Eco-friendly Gifts from ECOlunchbox

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Chocolate Avocado Pudding ~ YUM!

Happy new year! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season!!

Tonight I made the most delicious spur of the moment dessert. As usual, I was craving something sweet after dinner. However, we were out of all of my typical "go to" sweet treats so I began to search our pantry.... The result: Creamy Avocado Chocolate Pudding with Coconut Milk Whipped Cream!

I only had one avocado, but next time I will use more and make more!! I took my ripe avocado, cocoa powder, agave nectar, almond milk and vanilla extract and mixed them all together with my handheld blender, topped it with my staple coconut milk whipped cream and served. Oh my goodness it was so yummy!! The boys loved it!!


I recommend doubling or tripling the recipe if you want more than 2 individual servings.

1 Ripe Avocado
Just under 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder. (Probably 1/6 cup). Would use 1/3 cup for 2 avocados
1/8 cup agave nectar (I used dark agave) ( Travis said he'd like a little more agave next time)
1/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk plus added some while blending until it reached my desired consistency.
1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract

Blend all ingredients together and serve.

For the Coconut Milk Whipped Cream:
1 chilled can of coconut milk
1 tablespoon agave (or to taste)
Dash of vanilla extract

Flip the can upside down and open. Pour out watery part (I save and use in my smoothies). Spoon thick, creamy part into a mixing bowl. Add agave and vanilla extract. Whip on med high until light and fluffy. Serve immediately.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Find the biggest selection and lowest overall prices on over 6000 best selling supplements and fitness products on www.A1supplements.com