Eco-friendly Gifts from ECOlunchbox

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Homemade Healthy Cereal

(Mommy and Me Cereal)

When I first began my whole foods lifestyle and cut out packaged foods, I simply stopped eating cereal.  However, many of my clients have been asking me for an alternative to their packaged, sugary, unhealthy cereals.  Ah, a mission!  I have finally created my own delicious, healthy, homemade, kid-approved cereal.  Emerson (21 months) ate 2 (child-sized) bowls and was still asking for more this morning. :)

This cereal is chalked full of antioxidants, Omega-3's, fiber, protein, and many more vitamins and minerals varying upon the chosen ingredients.  (To learn more about Omega-3's read my Omega-3 blog post here).

The basic formula is:
2-3 tablespoons of Organic Ground Flaxseeds
A sprinkling of Chia Seeds
2 nut variaties of your choice
2 organic fruits of your choice
Superfood (optional)
Topped with the milk of your choice

For example, in today's cereal I used ground flaxseeds, chia seeds, almonds, pecans, strawberries and blueberries with unsweetened almond milk.  (Feel free to add any "extras" you might enjoy.  For example, dried fruits, goji berries, pumpkin seeds and unsalted organic sunflower seeds are some options I find tasty...I use them on different days....not in the same bowl of cereal).

UPDATE 6.5.13: I recently started adding bee pollen to my cereal.  This amazing superfood assists in ailments from allergies to cancer to infertility and "contains all the essential components of life".  For more information on this incredible food go to: http://www.mercola.com/article/diet/bee_pollen.htm

The ground flaxseeds give it the cereal texture while the chai seeds add a nice seedy texture.  I encourage you to play around with it to find your favorite variety.  Enjoy!!






For more delicious and healthy recipes click below:  

Healthy Regards!
THRIVE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find the biggest selection and lowest overall prices on over 6000 best selling supplements and fitness products on www.A1supplements.com