Eco-friendly Gifts from ECOlunchbox

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Low Glycemic Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie

For those of you who do not know, I have a serious weakness when it comes to mint chocolate chip ice cream.  It has always been my favorite sweet treat.  It began as a child when my father would get me a mint chocolate chip ice cream cake every year for my birthday.  It was the best treat, and one of my fondest memories growing up.  However, in the years since discovering my candida and dairy allergies, my indulgences in this decadent dessert are few and far between...until now! 



I am so excited to have found this delicious recipe created by my sister-in-law's mother...you got that...it's my husband's brother's wife's mother (how's that for a mouthful), who is a genius at creating healthy and delicious recipes, so please check out her blog: http://atmykitchentable.org.  Anyways, I indulge in this healthier version of mint chocolate chip decadence several time a week, and it even allows me to have mint chocolate chip "ice cream" for breakfast.  Even better, it's a low glycemic index smoothie packed with super foods and protein!  I changed a few things, I use Young Living Essential Oils and only use two drops instead of three.  I also add kale.  I find it gives it a brighter green color more similar to mint chocolate chip ice cream, and I always have it on hand.  However, both of these adjustments are pure preference and convinence of what I have available in my home.  Added bonus: my three year old also loves it!



Check out the recipe in the link below:

http://atmykitchentable.org/recipes/breakfast-recipes/mint-chocolate-chip-green-smoothie/

Enjoy and Thrive!

1 comment:

Find the biggest selection and lowest overall prices on over 6000 best selling supplements and fitness products on www.A1supplements.com