Eco-friendly Gifts from ECOlunchbox

Saturday, March 16, 2013

My Little Picasso!

Wow! It has been a while since I have posted. We have been busy getting ready to move, but I have lots of great posts I want to write soon!!

Now that weather is warming up, I finally got to do an outdoor activity I have been wanting to do with Emerson all winter....painting! Of course I don't want him to play with toxic store bought paints so I decided to make my own. I used 1/2 cup Bob's gluten free all-purpose flour mixed with 2 cups purified water. I heated the mixture in a saucepan over medium heat until my desired consistency. I was already making fresh green juice for us so I used some I the veggies to make separate juice and use as dye. I used kale, carrot and beet juices. Next time I want to try turmeric and blueberries. I also think red onion, red cabbage and tea would make good dyes. It was a very fun and messy activity.

A few tips: I laid down lots of craft paper, stripped him down to his diaper and let him go to town with the paints. I had a roll of paper towels handy for when he was finished. The beet coloring over powered the other colors. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find the biggest selection and lowest overall prices on over 6000 best selling supplements and fitness products on www.A1supplements.com